Join our fun team & make a difference in our community!
Sisters Habitat for Humanity
Reports to: ReStore Manager
Hours: 16 hours (occasionally more), weekdays and Saturdays
Starting Pay: $16
- Ability to lift 50 + pounds regularly
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work well with a diverse group of people
- Experience working with volunteers, or volunteer groups, a plus
- Courteous customer service skills
- Secondhand experience preferred
- Experience operating a cash register a plus
Primary duties include moving furniture, sorting, intake, pricing, and cashiering. The ReStore Assistant helps with daily operations in the ReStore in accordance with the direction given by the ReStore Manager. The Store Assistant must follow all store policies and guidelines. Other duties include but are not limited to the following: Greet donors and inspect donations; accept items that meet guidelines and tactfully decline those that do not meet standards. Clean and price donations; place priced items on sales floor. Greet and assist customers in the store, including measuring items, and answering questions. Help recruit and work with store volunteers. Cashier when needed.
- Accept appropriate, saleable donated materials.
- Ensure that both the quality and amount of floor inventory is maximized.
- Ensure that inventory is cleaned and priced before it is displayed for sale.
- Ensure that inventory is displayed in a logical and organized way that encourages customers to make purchases.
- Ensure that inventory is displayed in such a way that is neat, tidy and safe.
- Work as a team with volunteers to ensure the ReStore operations run smoothly.
- Ensure that volunteers have meaningful work and feel appreciated.
- Assist with recruiting, training and scheduling a core group of volunteers.
- Ensure that donors receive receipts for their contribution.
- Let Store Manager know of any major donations or questionable items.
- Tactfully/ graciously deny donations that don’t meet standards
E. Facility Management
- Ensure that all city, state and federal regulations with regard to the Stores are being met.
- Ensure the safety of volunteers and customers
- Ensure the safety of inventory from theft or destruction.
- Take safety courses and tests as recommended by the Safety Committee.