Join our fun team & make a difference in our community!
Sisters Habitat for Humanity
ReStore Assistant Manager
Reports to: ReStore Manager
Hours: FT – Occasional evening events and meetings required
Starting Pay: $17 hr. Generous benefit package after 90 days
- Ability to lift 50 + pounds regularly
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work well with a diverse group of people
- Experience working with volunteers, or volunteer groups, a plus
- Courteous and cheerful customer service skills
- Retail / Secondhand experience preferred
- Current Oregon driver’s license
The Assistant Manager is responsible for daily store operations in accordance with the direction given by the Store Manager. The Assistant Manager must also follow all store policies and guidelines as set forth by the Store Manager and the Store Advisory Committee. Help create a fun inclusive environment for volunteers and ensure they have a good understanding of store policies and guidelines. Specific duties include but are not limited to the following: Providing excellent customer service, moving furniture, sorting, intake, cleaning, pricing, managing volunteers, cashiering, and occasional driving of donation truck.
- Accept appropriate, saleable donated materials.
- Ensure that both the quality and amount of inventory is maximized.
- Ensure that inventory is cleaned and priced before it is displayed for sale.
- Ensure that inventory is displayed in a logical and organized way that encourages customers to make purchases.
- Ensure that inventory is displayed in such a way that is neat, tidy and safe.
- Work as a team with volunteers to ensure the ReStore operations run smoothly.
- Ensure that volunteers have meaningful work and feel appreciated.
- Assist with recruiting, training and scheduling volunteers.
- Ensure that donors are thanked and receive receipts for their contributions.
- Let Store Manager know of any major donations or questionable items.
- Tactfully/ graciously turn away donations that don’t meet standards
E. Administrative Structure
- Communicate any concerns to the Store Manager.
- Participate in store advisory committee meetings.
F. Facility Management
- Ensure that all city, state and federal regulations with regard to the store and building are being met.
- Ensure the safety of volunteers and customers
- Ensure the safety of inventory from theft or destruction.
- Take safety courses and tests as recommended by the Safety and Loss Prevention Manager.